Knit One Purl One

Knit One Purl One

Saturday, February 15, 2014

The biggest and the smallest needles

do have a big variety of needle sizes because you need different needle sizes for different yarn weights.

The smallest size is usually used to knit lace and socks.
For quick projects with thick yarn the bigger the needle the better (and faster).
I have never been a fan of really big needles, but I found a pattern for a really nice scarf so I decided to do it. I've been working on it occassinally for the last 6 months and it is far from being finished. Why is that? For one, I had a few other projects, gifts and special orders to work on and second, because the main yarn is lace weight and should be knit with the smallest needles, however the scarf gets is loopy texture by using really big needles which in turn makes knitting it rather challenging.

Take a look!

The loopy and luscious scarf found on knitty.com

A little doll dress knit out of sock yarn

Side by side of the biggest and smallest needles I own.
There are bigger needles acailable, I just don't own them.



No comments:

Post a Comment